Friday, June 04, 2004

The limerick-arising is going well. Check out Tom's entry and the comments. If an entire conversation of limericks is on there by the BBQ tomorrow, with 20 seperate verses, then I'll buy cookies for everyone.

I think everyone has gone to see Harry Potter tonight. Me and Cath went on Tuesday. It's about 47 times better than the first two. For one, the acting is better. Except for Ron, who I would like to see incinerated. Snape still rules, and Lupin and Sirius are also great. The film just seems more mature, like Rowling's defenders have always said about her books. The first two films cam across very much as kids films. This one is really dark. The ending was handled really well, because I was convinced it would be hard to pull off in film - it was hard enough in a book. Plus, there's a load of little things that I really liked (such as the transistion shots with the Willow tree through the seasons, and little bits of magic that happen in the background.) I also noticed that all the students wear normal clothes most of the time, outside of lessons. It's stuff like that that take it past kid's film. Whoever the new director is, he deserves a heap load of praise.

I'm in a really good mood because my tutor told me he was really impressed with my work. He thinks I can get a first. I hope so too.

Old Friends is on now. Wooyay.

Speak soon,

Craig

No comments: