Friday, June 11, 2004

You know what really, really, really bites? Getting up for a nine o'clock lecture, lecturer no-showing, having nothing to do for two hours because of a class making a return to college pointless, and deciding that the most fun place to go is your subject library. Oh, and mosquitos. And hayfever.

Thankfully, my trusty sidekick, the Blogg, is here to keep me entertained. So, for the next 30 minutes, there's nothing but me, this keyboard, and some time to kill.

*Crazy-ass theme music (in my mind)*

10.37am: All is very quiet. A lecturer is photcopying behind me. I haven't checked, but I think he is photocopying his ass, to hand out in his lectures to all his students. They will spend the entire hour analysing why the picture of his ass works in theory, but not in practice. This is probably because he made too many ass-umptions. Oh, thats's good. He has just walked past, and makes a metallic clinking noise as he walks. I believe this is because his head is full of marbles. You know when people say someone has lost their marbles? He's got them.

10:42am: Some sits down at the computer next to me. She moves quickly to another. Note to self: put trousers back on.

10:44am: Two guys are talking. I can't work out what they are talking about, and they seem non-plussed about my inconspicuous whistling as I circle them. I think my cover is blown because I'm having to carry this computer round with me so I can continue to type. They have stopped talking.

10:50am: All the excitement has come to an end. I desperately try to find something entertaining to say, but words fail me. I know, I'll go get a book.

10:54am: All the books have such boring names. I don't know why people can't just try harder with titles. Instead of "Industrial Relations" why not "We hate you, you hate us, but some some reason, we're playing golf next tuesday?". Instead of "The economics of developing countries" why not "Poverty, Malnutrition and Exploitation is FUN!". Instead of the Bible, why not "History: the unlikely bits".

10:59am: I pull up my trousers and leave.

Speak soon,

Craig

*credits*

1 comment:

John Hope said...

Piranas! Dogs! Cats! Tigers! Oh! Vampires! Really small rocks!