Monday, June 05, 2006

So I did the whole stand-up comedy thing after a year of putting it off last night. And it wasn't that bad. The set went over pretty well. What I learned is I get better responses to daft silly one-liners that to anything I may want to say topical or political, which is probably because there are thousands of people who do the latter better. So that's good to know.

There's a video, apparently. I'm interested to watch it. People watching said I didn't look nervous. That was in no way reflective of how I felt. Which is kind of daft because then I'll go, every Monday, and do anything and say anything I fancy, including, but not limited to, imitation of animals, sing, miming a rectal examination, dance, attempt accents, speak in Elizabethan English, and, for that matter, tell jokes, in front of more people and it doesn't bother me a bit. I don't understand.

Craig

No comments: