Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'd just like to point out, as it was mentioned to me yesterday, that in this post I in no way was suggesting that the Tories were the reason for the election of two BNP councillors in Nuneaton and Bedworth. That would be lazy political writing at best. It was mainly a comment about how proud the party could be of winning a seat in an area that was becoming increasingly supportive of racists and fascists. I would suggest not a huge amount.

This is the same issue Clinton has been facing recently. Although she herself is an educated, unprejudiced person, her support in states like West Virginia and Kentucky seems to be in part driven by racial motivations. I doubt she is delighted by that. Thankfully, for her, her opponents can't point that out, so she's allowed to rebrand them to try and tell a different story.

Some Daily Show for you:

Hard-working white voters and West Virginia

No comments: