Thursday, July 03, 2008

I've been reasonably productive, by my own tempremental standards, and have posted not one but four new pieces on Project Brainstorm. In the past, I've had an overwhelming urge only to post something when I felt it was exactly how I wanted, at least in that period when I was writing it. This is unproductive. The last four things I've put out have all be complete. However, I would freely admit to them being perhaps a little rough around the edges, certainly in the writing, and possibly in the formation of the comic ideas.

A lot of internet "satire", which is really parody, or fake, news stories, is pretty bad. At some point, people forgot was that satire needs a point of view, rather than just being a mockery free-for-all. But lots of sites put out a lot of content, as evidenced by this feed. I've always tried to have slightly loftier ambitions, but sometimes, this has meant decent ideas never make it past that stage because I'm not entirely happy with how they sound once typed out.

The idea, I think, is to build up a much larger body of work, from which to springboard off in the future. I have a sketch show to think about, and a number of other small projects, and it would be good to have a lot of material to start from, and develop it through other ways.

Plus, I'd like people to actually read my site. Regularly updated sites are much more likely to get regular readers than occassionally updated sites, that is obvious. I also need a web designer - it is time for a stylistic overhaul.

I also would like to put out a call for suggestions for the World...Explained and Know Your Issues series. I'll take pretty much anything.

No comments: