Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In the aftermath of Sunday's performance of Correctness, I've been thinking (and Andy and I have been discussing) what happens next. I like sketch, and it is pretty much my ideal medium, so it's interesting to see what opportunities there would be. Sketch nights in London and festivals - though sadly not Edinburgh, this year - are on the radar.

In that vein, two articles, published independently but about the same topic, appeared in the Guardian and the Independent today. Interesting, the former seems to believe sketch shows no longer have any appeal, while the latter seems really excited about the blossoming live sketch scene in London. Let's assume the latter is true.

Anyway, I started having a look at some of the sketches and sketch groups who are on Youtube, and while there are a great many that I liked, here's my favourite: Women, by Idiots of Ants.

2 comments:

Shani said...

Would you call me a horribly humourless feminist if I said I didn't think that was particularly funny?

Craig said...

I wouldn't. But I thought it was a parody of all the female stereotypes that lazy comedy likes to employ, and was, as a result, WELL feministy. Am I wrong?