Monday, September 07, 2009

I've been wanting to post this news for a while, but there have been delays in everything being official.

At the age of 25, I have a job. Specifically, a research fellowship at SKOPE, a research group in the Univeristy's Department of Education. They were clearly fooled by my succinct yet persuasive CV (Craig Holmes, 25, unemployed, talented economist, hero to millions of children). It's perfect really - lots of academic freedom for research (within their research programme), but also more security, the ability to publish more often and at a more noticeable level, and most importantly, an office with my name on it. And an employer - nothing makes you get out of bed and start your day like having an employer (Exceptions: fire, dreams about spiders, violent wife). I'm very pleased, is all.

If anyone knows anyone who does poster design quickly, send me a message. I need to send for an order by the end of the month at the latest.

No comments: