Monday, March 29, 2004

Hey all,

Had one very fine weekend in the company of my fantastic girlfriend. Alton Towers was fine, though they suceeded in pissing me off by allowing all their rides to break down at one point or another. Nemesis is still the greatest rollercoaster in the UK. Air is swank, and Oblivion...was closed. The new pinball ride looked OK, but not as spectacular as I imagined it would be. We didn't get to ride because it...was closed.

Just went to Dave's journal and saw the new photo of him. He possibly not have the worst haircut on college now *kisses*. On a more friendly note, his journal is the most entertaining that I read, as he often makes me smile. Maybe I should always listen to Dave via a computer screen.

I'm sure everyone has already labelled the Cambridge crew the filthy, cheating, lyring, cheap syphilitic-riden hooker loving bastards that they most definetely are, so I won't be calling them that here. I don't know jack about actual rowing, so maybe we were in the wrong, but that little shit of a Tab cox looked suitably twat-like for me dislike the entire team, if not the entire city as a consequence. Plus he dropped the F-bomb on Sunday afternoon TV: his mother must be so proud.

We watched I Capture The Castle yesterday which very good and British. It's very cleverly a tale of growing up, of the rites of passage and coming of age Cassandra (Romola Garai). It's set against the backdrop of a dysfunctional and impoverished family in rural England in the 1930s. Cassandra's diary tells us the story as she becomes an adult, and experiences the excitement and despair of love. Despite being very British, it is a love story that offers no easy answers, but leaves the viewer with enough hope for the future of the family that even though its not a fairy-tales ending, it remains happy enough. Bill Nighy again enters a fantastic performance as the drunk struggling author and father, fighting against his own personal demons and embarassing past.

Ho-hum, work in an hours time. Speak soon,

Craig

No comments: