Thursday, March 25, 2004

Hey all,

I should blog more often.

Work has been fun-less, but apparently it pays, so I'm happy enough. I wonder who was the worst out-of-term job? My vote goes for Paul. I feel for you, my brother. But then, I don't know what anyone else does. Except John, but he's a lazy sod. *Kisses*.

Lots of wrestling has been watched. I'm loving the 70s All Japan, which is packed full of the US greats that its hard to find on tape in their native country. Harley and Terry and Jack and Dory. It's great wrestling, wrestling about building up matches and telling stories and creating mat motherfucking magic. Young Jumbo Tsurata is like a fresher Old Jumbo Tsurata and he owns it as the greatest of all the Japanese wrestlers. It's fascinating watching him develop from early 1970s to the late 80s. He is a wrestler who grew in the 1970s, but made the All Japan style of the 1990s by stepping up the intensity and stiffness of his matches. His exectuion and moveset is phenominal given the context. His matches with Terry Funk and Harely Race are really great. Him and Steamboat do the wrestling for 30 minutes in 1980, and that was good too.

I watched a lot of ECW Cyberslam 1996 late last night. Sabu vs. Scorpio definetley makes my top 5 of ECW matches. They work a 30 minute broadway New Japan Juniors welded onto a Sabu match. They take the match into the finish with about 15 minutes of spots and bumps and near falls, in an ECW style. Scorpio keeps Sabu from his usual spot-rest-spot match and keep the biggest spots for the end. Best Sabu match ever, possibly best Scorpio match ever.

Alton Towers on Saturday, which will be great as ever. There's this new ride that spins you round inside a ball as the roller coaster goes along. It's got a pinball theme, like a ball being knocked around the table. I can't sleep at night I'm so excited.

Speak soon, especially you, Cath. Can't wait to see you tomorrow. Love as ever.

Craig

No comments: