Saturday, March 13, 2004

Woah, totally missed a day there. Erm...erm...nothing happened all day?

OK, we went to see Mona Lisa Smile, and despite me expecting a chick-flick par excellence, I very much enjoyed it. It's very smartly written, and incredible well acted, especially Kirsten Dunst, who didn't let being the eventual sympathetic lead prevent her being throughly dislikable along the way. There is a depth to most of the top charachters that makes the story complex and engrossing. I love films where you actually care about the charachters, and it for this reason that films like this, and Lost in Translation, and others, are much more satisfying, ultimately, than a special effect extravaganza with love story attached.

And back to today...

Term is all done with, nothing left to do but go out, work and watch a load of wrestling (and Friends, I'm so far behind. And the entire Godfather triology). The entire crew is out in Hinckley tonight, and, to quote an earlier text message "we gona get fucked up". Probably. Though I might be done by nine. The stupid thing about Hinckley is that there are two nightclubs, and both are closed and being done up AT THE SAME TIME. How thick is that? So it is looking like an entire evening in the pub, or some of that there 70s get up at Flares.

Watched some early 90s Japanese wrestling earlier. Mark Ryan is your man for Japanese tapes. Couple of early Liger matches, one of which was the 4/91 vs. Owen Hart, which is totally my favourite Owen match. It was a bit clipped, but I've seen it in full via Kazaa, and its a brilliant match, possibly the best pre 1994 Liger match. I could go on about how awesome Owen was, but I don't think its necessary. Some early Steiners and plenty of a young Mutoh made it a fun afternoon's TV.

To all my friends at Uni, enjoy your holidays, to all my friends at home, see you in the Baron.

No comments: