Monday, April 26, 2004

Hey,

For some reason, I decided that this terms exercise of choice will be running in the park in the morning. This is painful, but I feel good for doing it. I miss having a pool close by. Also, to compound my agony, I woke up at half three in the morning and didn't get back to sleep until about six. Then I woke up at half eight, and didn't get back to sleep until one tomorrow morning. On the plus side, I did think about this week's Economic Theory question set a lot. I think I have a better understanding of it now. Woo, and if I may be so bold, yay.

So Shaun of the Dead was one of the most laugh-out-loud funny movies I've ever seen. I loved the first three-quarters, and wondered they decided to try for a straight out horror movie in the last bit. They should have just stuck to the comedy. My favourite part was them throwing stuff at the two zombies in the garden. They tried taking the heads off with vinyl records, but Shaun didn't want to waste any valuable or collectable ones. The result is the zombies moving slowly towards them, while they sort through this box of LPs judging each one, in the back of their garden. Utterly ridiculous and utterly sublime. I feel very proud to be British. Our comedy films smoke our US counterparts so badly. I wonder why more sitcom writers don't make feature films. I know Richard Curtis does, but they are always fluffy romatic comedies.

Lectures start today. I am ectastic.

Speak soon,

Craig

Current Music: "Numbered Days" Killswitch Engage
Current Mood: Infinitely superior than just less than half of you.

No comments: