Thursday, April 01, 2004

OK, here's a challenge for all you bloggers. Write an entire journal entry using words of only one syllable. I'll be doing one on Monday, but I can't be bothered to think this evening.

Right, so what is happening about Reading? Are people getting weekend tickets, or are they targeting one day. £105 is a bit steep for me, but I'm sure there will be acts on each day I want to see. Is Sunday still the 'heavier' day? It used to be. Green Day and 50 Cent? Kindly go bollocks. Please someone let me know what tickets have already been bought.

We are off to Center Parcs tomorrow, so there will be no entries all weekend. The weekend will be a load of fun, as I really look forward to this break every year. A place that convinces you that exercise is great fun should be cherish.

"Fit but you know it" is a work of genius. Not that it is a good song: I personally don't like it. I dislike almost all urban music intently, and in fact, The Streets may be the most orginal act in the entire genre. But, and this is the genius of Mike Skinner, he has got every person who listens to music on the radio actively thinking about his songs and his music and that is something no Mercury Music Award nomination or critically acclaimed album can achieve. Everyone has an opinion on the song, and I laugh openly everytime I think about all the people saying that it is a bad song, trapped in their own safe worlds where no-one dare challenge what we call songs. I'd rather listen to the spoken word music work of the Streets than the bland tunes of all those bands its cool to like. Fuck the Libertines or the Thrills or the motherfucking Strokes, music should be more than this, and maybe, just maybe, "Fit but you know it" achieves more than said bands ever will.

Speak soon,

Craig

No comments: