Friday, May 14, 2004

It's early. Here are things.

A selective edit of Paul's journal:

Paul is "seeing Sarah". She is "very tasty". They "went out to see "The Enternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind"". Before they "went to see that, however, we decided to grab" "The Penis". They "also bumped...in the cinema." "It was still pretty cool", Even if he doesn't get "another one". They "went back to Sarah's for a night", "and ended up" with "like 10 of her friends". "She seems to be a very popular girl; wherever she turns" Paul on. "And then" Paul "came".

No, I don't know why I spent all my time devising this either.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was quirky enough for me to love it. Jim Carrey was really good as the introverted, shy guy in a relationship that probably scares him a little. As they go back through his memories, he becomes more attached and reluctant to let them go. I really dig how the memory erasing of a person reflected a more real physical losing of a person, and the heart ache that it causes. By doing it through memories, the loss is made more potent. It is really a feeling I never want to know. Carrey got that across brilliantly.

I really hurt my thumb last night. I went crack when I slipped getting off the chair and all my weight fell on it. It went crack. I will not be able to steer a boat tonight. Because it went crack. I'm sure you all are dissapointed.

Speak soon,

Craig.

No comments: