Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Hey,

The last few days have zoomed by, and only now do I realised I haven't been heard from for almost a week. Not that I'm about to degenerate into: It was my birthday, I had a lovely time, I saw my girlfriend, we had some Chinese food, I went to watch the Imps, I went to watch Team America, I came home and was uninspiring and tedious. Instead, things. Things that prove the world is just wrong.

Number 1: A poster in the Cafe Bar pub in Hinckley: "January 29th, Speed Dating for the Victims of the Tsunami".

Number 2: An MSN Conversation:

Paul says: Stop being such a pendant all the time
Craig says: The word is pedant
Craig: It means someone who corrects unimportant mistakes.

Number 3: The language of Spaaa. Spa is a monotranscriptic language with only a handful of speakers. First, let us learn to alphabet of Spaaa. It starts with Spaa, which concludes our learning of the alphabet. Words are formed using this charachter.

e.g Spaa, spa ssspaaa spaaaaaaaa spaaaa Excuse me, I have lost my rodent.

Male nouns tend to end -a, where are female nouns end -aa. Confusingly, adjectives ending in -aa precede male nouns, while those ending -aaa precede female nouns. Fluent speakers tend to remove prepositions, conjuctions and pronouns from sentences, while especially fluent speakers replace all remained verbs nouns and adjectives with a single "Spaa". Questions are denoted by inflection at the end of the "P" but before the "aaa".

In some dialects, the "spaa" sound is prounouced "svaa". This is incorrect.

Speak soon,

Spaaaaaa

No comments: