Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Hey,

Home for a couple of days, starting yesterday, finishing tomorrow day. Planned to work. Did. Consumption theory is staggeringly exciting. I totally mean that.

Trains annoy me. "Bing Bong the train has been delayed because a piece of track was damaged." How? How was it damaged? Did someone come along specifically to damage that one piece? Tomorrow I expect: "Bing Bong all the trains are defeated, a replacement flamingo service will be in use today." And I will ride atop a elegant pink flamingo all the way to Oxford, standing on its back singing "There'll always be an England", and it will be king-sized.

I was catching up on my Economist backlog. The leader on anti-social behaviour orders had the following: "Some of these people have been jailed for subsequently breaking their ASBO; most absurdly, one man was sentenced to four months in prison for howling like a werewolf". I think either Chris Morris now works for the Economist, or he will have to give up on shows like the Day Today simply because you can't parody stories like that.

Check out The Project for new things. Sign up to the mailing list too, to make me feel better. And tell your friends about it. If you do not you are a enormous red cod-piece.

Speak soon,

Craig

No comments: