Monday, March 07, 2005

Hey,

I never talked about last nights gig. It was truly awesome. The two support acts were very good and lively, and thundered through two very brutal sets. The second band, Martyr AD played some quite complex, technically excellent grindcore that I really enjoyed. The Haunted gave an incredible performance, full of passion and anger and focus, and coupled with the fact they have a flawless arsenal of thrash metal songs to choose from meant it was always going to be memorable. They ran through "Godpuppet", "DOA", "Shadow World", "Hate Song" "Hollow Ground", "99" and loads more I can't remember, and finished with a truly awe-inspiring rendition of the slower "My Shadow", with Peter Dolving ending up on the floor, screaming "Why?" for a fully twenty seconds.

And I shook his and guitarist Jensen's hand at the end. I am so cool. All the people just want to hang with me, come round my house and split a large bag of Dorito's.

Speak soon,

Craig

No comments: