Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Hey,

Me and the other Craig went to Intrusion last night, the Oxford Goth night. I am very thankful to Rox for doing our make-up. I was convinced doing nails would be easy, but apparently not. ("Have you done them before?" "No." "Sit down.") To check, this morning I tried doing them again on my own, and didn't manage to touch them once. I did however draw a road map of central Milton Keynes down my left arm. I am glad that I decided not to have a line drawn across my eye or on my chin, because according to some people I met, snipers use those lines to line up with their crosshairs.

Anyway, we walked down the road, and were saw by everyone I had ever met, including my grandmother who was lost and in need of sustenance. We had no time to help and pressed on, firmly, getting odd looks. One look in particular was very odd: it had no face. The club was in the Cellar, which is at the top of some stairs that slope downwards. I went to charge the lady on the door for letting us in, but she asked first, so I paid.

I am glad we made an effort with the clothes and makeup. Some people were not wearing makeup, but at least had some clothes. Worse were those not wearing clothes, only some make-up. Thankfully, the makeup was of a pair of jeans and a shirt, though they were a bit baggy and made of polythene.

I got asked before we went what sort of music was going to be played. There was a lot of industrial music: a whole half an hour section was off a sampled recording of a crane moving a series of girders into a pyramid shaped stack. The DJ was a big fan of remixes. There was a version of the Beatles "Eleanor Rigby" mixed with a faster beat, which finished first. There was a lot of food provided by the club, such as swiss rolls and cookies and jam tarts, which were remixed with a faster beat and ending up as Yorkshire pudding.

We came home at half one, half lion, and I went to sleep to dream of ways to write about the entire night.

Speak soon,

Craig

No comments: