Friday, May 25, 2007

I've been on a bit of a high all week after the Imps on Monday, which was by far the best show I've done or been involved in this academic year. I have not been as active in the group as in previous years, as I have more pressures on my time and am looking to take on other things (see Sideshow, Sunday; Mirth, Ministry of; thesis, writing of a). As a result, I have often found myself disappointed in my performances, probably due to a shortage of practice.

This week just clicked however. I felt very responsive to everything on stage, whereas recently I have felt sluggish, mentally. I had three scenes with Becca, Lucy and Simon, and felt each was a success. While the scene I had with Simon was the most enjoyable, I was most pleased with the film and theatre styles scene with Lucy, and I think we really kept a strong story going without getting lost in the gimmick of the game.

I MCed the second set, and was trying out a character idea I had over the weekend, when I was thinking a bit about the movie Man on the Moon. It was very fun to do, and I think people responded to it which was the main thing. I'll definitely be using it again, and am toying with the idea of using it to compere a Ministry night, though I'm not sure it fits as well for a standup night as much as it did with the joyously enthusiastic, nerd-cool of an Imps show.

No comments: