Monday, January 28, 2008

I was 24 last week, and had a lovely birthday. My enjoyment of the day was greatly ensured by the huge number of new CDs I received. I think the haul managed to mop all all my outstanding "must-haves" from the past year or so. Plus, I forgave Zavvi a couple of weeks ago when they had a sale of some classic death metal and grind I should have bought years ago.

Anyway, I have designed a listening calender so as to ensure I fully absorb them all - sometimes, when I have a large amount of new music to listen to, a few won't quite make it, and I end up forgetting about them. Not this time:

Last week - Wolves in the Throne Room "Two Hunters", Primordial "The Gathering Wilderness", Enslaved "Ruun", Anaal Nathrakh "Hell is Empty and the Devils Are All Here".

This week - Mayhem "Ordo Ad Chao", Blut Aus Nord "Odinist", Decapitated "Winds of Creation", Morbid Angel "Altars of Madness".

Next week - Napalm Death "Scum", Decapitated "The Negation", Dillinger Escape Plan "Ire Works", Suffocation "Effigy of the Forgotten".

Final Week - Napalm Death "From Enslavement to Obliteration", Blut Aus Nord "Memoria Vetusta I - Fathers of the Icy Age", Primordial "Storm Before the Calm".

I will now take questions.

No comments: