Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I think I can say, without fear of exaggeration, that yesterday's 12-hour Imps show is one of the best things I've ever done. I am so pleased with how it all turned out - the quality of the shows was high, the execution was smooth, and the audience were large enough. Sure, I may have had a tendency to micro-manage every last minute detail, but it really was worth it.

Main results: We took £600 (after costs were paid for), which will be going to the Oxford Night Shelter within the week. I did ten of the shows (as, I should mention, did Bex), because of hardcoreness.

Additional results: I only said one truly wrong thing (stillborn tree). I came out of the shows with several sketch ideas. I am deeply in love with all my Brothers and Sisters Imp. I put Oldham in a wardrobe. I got to be Martin Sheen (pretending to be a woman all these years). A member of my family saw me do improv.

It has cost me quite a lot of sleep however, and mentally, I was quite tired come 10pm last night. I have developed a twitch in the muscle attached to my left elbow, which I would imagine is due to a sleep shortage. Or possibly to lupus.

(It's never lupus).

No comments: