Thursday, February 28, 2008

So, this is post number 300. I thought I'd mark it as a seperate entry. I've been blogging for more or less four years, with some periods where I haven't written regularly. I am aware that the majority of my posts are fairly self-indulgent - I seem to share few interests with my actual friends. But I still think it has been worthwhile to document, to varying degrees my opinions on things that matter to me and that I care about, if only for my own future use. And occassionaly, I hope I manage to be entertaining or interesting.

I've been thinking about the Passage of Time recently. I've now been here in Oxford for five and a half years, and I think I have made the most of at least some of the opportunities that has afforded me, certainly since about 2005. When I first started writing here, I had never thought of myself as a comedian, and never had any ambitions in that respect. My views on the world and my politics were half-formed. I wasn't even as knowledgeable about subjects I've been interested in since before uni, like pro-wrestling and metal. I find myself feeling quite pleased with how I've grown since 2004 (and earlier), and I'm glad I will always have this resource to document how that came to be.

No comments: