Sunday, July 05, 2009

Here's a challenge. Watch Sarah Palin's resignation speech, and see how long you last. Not because she's saying anything particularly objectionable, but because after a certain number of minutes of hearing words unrestrained by grammer or sentence structure, you may actually start to feel dizzy, unsettled or even nauseous.

I made it to 10.11, when I was finally finished off by: "Life is too short to compromise time and resources and though it may be tempting and more comfortable to just keep your head down, plod along, and appease those who demand 'sit down and shut up', but that's the worthless, easy path-out, that's a quitter's way out and I think a problem in our country today is apathy. It would be apathetic to just hunker down and go with the flow. We're fisherman, we know that only dead fish go with the flow."

Then I thought I'd try to finish it, but a minute later this happened: "I've never believed that I, nor anyone else, needs a title to do this, to make a difference, to help people. So I choose, for my state and my family, more freedom to progress, all the way around, so that Alaska may progress, I will not seek re-election as Governor." And I rested.

No comments: