Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Hey all,

Went to see Starsky and Hutch tonight, which was a load of fun. I can distinguish between movies that are good and movies that I enjoy, which I think is important for me to be able to sleep at night. This movie I enjoyed, and for what it was and for what it tried to be, it was good. Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson were pretty great, especially Stiller, who is fast becoming one of my favourite comedy actors. He plays difficult charachters, of which his Starsky is one, and he does them well. On a less serious note, there should be more accidental horse shootings in movies. Snoop Dogg is a Huggy Bear for the 21st century, and was inspired casting.

It is incredible how the little things make your day when your stuck in the monotony of work. Lunchtime: Potentially as Russian nuclear sub is highly volatile and could blow skyhigh, according to some Ruskie general or something. 5 o'clock: The general (or whatever) says that this is not what he meant. Oh, what a kidder.

"Sorry lads, I know I scared half the world to freaking death about a huge nuclear disaster, but I didn't mean it.".

I mean, how do you misinterpret "could explode any second"? Is the Russian for "could explode any second" similar to "is a stable and reliable submarine?".

Am gutted to find Amen play to Zodiac in April. That would have been a show amonst shows. Talk about a band that make music because they love it, not because it pays well. I hope the new album sells a million copies, and they use the cash to set fire to Busted's hotel to the ground, leaving no survivors. In good news, The Icarus Line are playing during term time, which will be equally as balls-to-the-wall great. And if I get to see the Bronx too, this will be great. More songs should be called They Will Kill Us All (Without Mercy). No point beating around the bush.

Speak soon,

Craig

No comments: