Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Back to back lectures this morning. I'm not used to this sort of treatment. As I was listening to my first lecturer, Creeping Death entered my head. I am sooo gonna re-write my entire lecture timetable using Metallica titles. The second lecture was hugely absorbing, as the lecturer was entertaining and funny and slightly mad. He also seems to be the exact sort of economist I want to be. He opened by saying exactly where he stood on the issues he would be talking about and told us to make up our own minds how biased his lectures were. I torn between Frayed Ends of Sanity, Sad but True or Master of Puppets. You had to be there, I guess.

I have the Rasmus playing behind me. Cath got me the album, and I am hugely grateful. It's actually not bad. To me, if you're gonna make a pop-rock album, the choruses have got to be catchy, the riffs fun and the lyrics not cliched. I'd score it highly on the first two, and not so high on the third count. Apart from In the Shadows, the highlights are Guilty, Not Like the Other Girls and One I Love. They sound pretty mature, and it'll be fine to work to. After this is done, I have a Venom anthology called In Legue with Satan to listen to. Talk about a juxtapostion. I don't know what that word means. Curious.

Speak soon,

Craig

No comments: