Friday, April 16, 2004

Here we go once again with the blog-thing...

Some days have passed, and I have been to work. It has now finished. I like the people there, and I hope they will have me back. The late shift manager, Mick, is the most screamingly gay person I have ever met, and is hugely entertaining. He is perfectly comfortable with sharing his sex life with us all. There is this one woman, Lesley, who speaks unmitigated shit for the entire shift. I think she is allergic to silence. She is also incredibly un-informed and slightly narrow minded, as is typical of a lot of ladies of her age and background. For instance, "You know Indians? They don't rush do they?". For some reason we got onto Princess Di, and she explained to me exactly how she was murdered, and exactly why driver got "pissed up": "He knew he was gonna die, you see". I like her because she doesn't care what people think about what she says. In fact she seems completely disengaged with what's going on around her. It makes me smile. Everyone else is perfectly fine too. Listening to single mums talking is better than anything on TV.

I look forward to seeing you all soon, Oxford types. Collections annoy me, but I plan a good term. I suggest a lot of clubbing, especially at Sabotage and Panic, some gigging, and lazy afternoons in the park/quad. Does anyone have a problem with that?

Speak soon,

Craig

No comments: