Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Hey all,

Only scored 137 on that IQ test, which is very disappointing. I didn't finish it all in time, which was dumb*.

This is so the best story of the day I had a similar experience. I can swim, so I didn't drown when I landed in a puddle. Close one.

I really wish I had more to talk about, but that what mundane existences do to you. I watched a load of 90s All Japan last night on my Kawada comp. Tosh is the king, he's probably the best wrestler of the 1990s in my book (or in my blogg, perhaps). I watched his 1/5/98 Triple Crown match with Misawa and I really, really dug the psychology. Its an incredibly deep match, maybe even more so than the 3/6/94 classic. Tosh break Misawa down, first looking for the powerbomb, then going for Misawa's bad knee (hinted at early in the match), then to the arm to prevent Misawa's only remaining weapon, the elbow smashes. The finish is beautiful as Misawa looks dead, and keeps fighting back, but without getting any offense. These matches come out like great heavyweight boxing matches, where eventually it is the one who has done the most damage wins, not some crappy spot that ignores the precending twenty minutes of the match. This match is not, by the way, better than the '94 match, mainly because I prefer actual wrestling to the head-dropping that became the style in AJ after around 97, but it may have been the best match from '98, if it wasn't for the Kawada-Kobashi match later on the tape. That match is just thirty plus minutes of brutal action.** Kobashi sells the beating like a motherfucker. At one point he looks out of it and in a brilliant moment, turns his attention to the referee with a look that says "so, who are you again?". Magnificient, violent, awesome match***.

Check out Sarah's journal. She is a very funny lady. < /pimping>****

Speak soon,

Craig

*People who do footnotes in journal entries are cocks.
** Yes Dave I do mean you
***Don't look at me like that. Just learn your lesson.
**** I can't believe I made that geek joke. Wait, is this a footnote? What the...

No comments: