Tuesday, April 06, 2004

So yeah, we're back to words of varied lengths today, just to show that anything goes, and indeed everything goes, right here on the Frogg Blogg.

Just finished listening to the Probot CD. I liked it. The best bit is that I now want to buy a load of 80s metal albums, and I'm sure there are loads of other people who will do the same. I loved Dictosauraus (featuring Snake from Voivod), Centuries of Sin (with Cronus from Venom), and first single Shake Your Blood with Lemmy is really fun and ready for the clubs. Oh yes, I will be 'banging to this at Sabotage next term. Eric Wagner from Trouble was my favourite vocalist on the album. The only track I didn't really like was Silent Spring, because while the riffage was good, Kurt Brecht's lyrics were quite tired. Dave Grohl has accomplished, musically, a quite impressive album on its own, one that hopefully will allow many new (not nu) metal fans an insight into a previous time.

You know what song is great? In the Shadows by the Rasmus. It's poppy and rocky and cool, and has a huge funky hook, and the vocalist is great and I love it every time (47 and counting) it is played while I'm at work. Time for a quick top 5, Top Five Songs on Radio One daytime at the moment:

1. In the Shadows - The Rasmus
2. Why Don't You Do It - 22-20s
3. The Hunger - The Distillers
4. My Band - D12
5. Edit: Fortune Faded - RHCP. I'm glad this no longer says that Darkness song, because its one of their weaker ones. This song, incidentally, is one of my all time favourite Chili track.

Going to the dentists. Speak soon,

Craig

No comments: