Sunday, May 02, 2004

Yesterday was a non-day, by admittance of everyone, so I remain fish-slap free...

The ball was really good, though I didn't do half the stuff I wanted to. Chesney Hawkes played a good set that everyone enjoyed. He has some good pop songs and played some cool covers, Don Maclean's "American Pie" being my favourite. He also seems like a really nice guy who genuinely enjoyed playing music, and loved being there. Grown men screaming We Love You Chesney probably helped. Twats. The Queen tribute was also loads of fun. "Freddie Mercury" was really good, and looked like he really knew how the be the man he was impersonating. They played all the sing-alongs and we got to go nuts for the "rock" bit of Bohemian Rhapsody so I was stoked.

And just to answer John, I did not avoid gladatorial combat. No-one could find him. I have my suspicions.

So I make the survivors photo at 4.30am, and watched Chris Sullivan be an utter prick with the floodlights. Then we headed back, and come six o'clock we were on Magdelan bridge. It was utterly surreal. The lack of sleep made things seem a little lucid (I don't know what that word means), and there was thousands of people standing around to hear a choir and a short service coming from out of a tower. I kept thinking of the Family Guy episode where Peter makes his house talk. I forget the quote. By which point my legs were deceased, no more, bereft of life they rest in peace. They were ex-legs.

Anyway, here is my photo of the ball.

BBQ was good, and loads of thanks to James for feeding the multitude.

And finally,

1.Go into your jounals's archives.
2.Find your 23rd post (or closest to).
3.Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).
4.Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions

--> "Therefore, if I do type something that makes no sense, its because you're "stupid" and don't "get" me and are a "cock"."

Hmm, that wasn't great.

No comments: