Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Hey,

We went to watch the Imps last night, and it was very funny. A couple of them really, really get the whole improv concept, working in the silly ideas, bringing in jokes outside of the sketch, changing direction with ease and openly making fun of themselves and everyone else ("I'll just get my toolbag. Well, its usually a toolbag, but today its a handbag..."). They had one game where occasionally, they would, instead of carry on talking, read from scraps of paper written down by the audience: "Let's see what the dog was to say" "Woof woof, I am Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die, woof woof". I plan to go at least one more time this term, so I'm looking for people to go with. For £2, it seems like pretty much some of the best fun you can have without having to do anything. I found out sitting by the aisle means you get asked for suggestions all over the place, and then taken up on stage to join in one game, but to be honest, it was a load more fun for it.

Stop. Shower time.

Speak soon,

Craig

No comments: