Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Hey,

Ok, this is intended to be a quick post. The current time is 23.58pm, Wednesday, 0th week. We shall see.

So I did that whole thing where I went to France, saw my girlfriend, celebrated her 21st birthday, and came home again. You know, that thing. At speaking the language, I, as the French would say, suck le coq. I mean, the French are bastards are making you speak French even if they know some English, but with me, they last three words before they join in to help. "Ahhh, zis is a special child, zis is not ze good French zat we want our children to hear" they zay, err, say. Of course, not everyone is au fait with this arrangement, so sometimes, I make small mistakes, which I later work out, by which point it may be too late.

----------------------------------
Taxi Driver: So, you live here in France?

Me: No.

Taxi Driver: You have come to visit?

Me: Yes.

Taxi Driver: You like the weather?

Me: Yes, its very good.

Taxi Driver: You British are used to driving on the other side of the road? *French laughter*

Me: Yes, yes *poorly imitated French laughter*

Taxi Driver: This flight is useful and great for getting to France.

Me: Yes, certainly.

Taxi Driver (into intercom): On my way to the airport. I shall come back soon

Me: The taxi company?

Taxi Driver: Yes, the French Imperialistic Taxi Company

Entire French population: *French laughter*

---------------------------------------

Au resevoir,

Craig



No comments: