Friday, April 01, 2005

OK, OK, shut up. It's been weeks, man, and there are perfectly good reasons. First I was all in France, and then I was all in Center Parcs, and through that I've been all in work and all in revising and all in all, I haven't had time for this, is all.

Anyway, none of that stuff makes interesting reading, so let's concentrate on other things. Such as Christopher Ecclestone deciding not to do a second series of Dr. Who in case he got type cast. Type cast? As the fucking Time Lord? If people only want to think of me as being able to play one charachter, it's Dr. Who. "Hey look, that's that guy. What's his name." "I don't know, all I know is he controls time." Top of the list of things to be type cast as. And secondly, how many roles can there be, outside of Dr. Who, for the charachter of the Time Lord.

"Hey, Chris, I've got you a great role in this new romantic comedy."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, you meet this girl, can't be with her because of her ex-husband, and then you travel around the temporal realm saving the Earth along the way, and in the end, you finally get the girl"

"Not again. Jesus, I've told you. No more travelling in time and saving the Earth. I'm finished with that. Go get me a cup of Tardis. I mean tea."

I leave you with this final thought. Posing for the cameras while talking to a group of disabled children is always good publicity, unless they were your victims.

Speak soon,

Craig

No comments: